
After dinner we drove on to Vegas and went to Penny's ward party. They were having a cute talent show, and actually had some good talent in their ward. The Elders quorum presidency and one of their wives did a great song that they made up about cleaning up your cheerios off the chapel floor. It was pretty funny. We spent the night at Penny's house and had some good conversation and some great breakfast burritos too. Saturday we went and did a little shopping and then Randy informed me that the show we were going to started at 7, so we needed to get to our room and get ready so we could have dinner first. At this point I still had NO IDEA where we were staying and what show he was taking me to. We ended up driving across the street from where we were shopping to the Sunset Station. It was a nice room with a very comfortable bed. Once the primping was done, we decided that we couldn't top the dinner from the night before, so we just went to Black Angus for a nice steak. I recommend the fillet Mignon sandwich there. It was really good! When we left the restaurant we drove downtown and down the strip. It was fun to see how much things had changed over the years. We figured it had been a few since we really drove down the strip. He pulled into the Venetian parking area, and I still was oblivious! The funny thing was that Randy says we passed a few signs that would have given it away, but fortunately for him...I didn't even notice them. As we walked into the casino though there were several other signs, like Blue Man Group, and he would just laugh when I would say.."is that it?" Just as we got to the entrance of the casino, there was a sign and I knew where he was taking me. I have loved Phantom of the Opera since High School, but have never actually seen the play....YEP!!! He took me to a Broadway quality production of PHANTOM!



The show was incredible!!! Well worth the money it cost for the tickets. We had great seats and could hear and see everything that was going on. It was the perfect way to spend an evening with the man I love! After the show we stopped at The Cheesecake Factory for a little Cheesecake. We had to laugh when they had a special kind that night...Anniversary Cheesecake! It was layers of cheesecake and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. YUMMY! Randy had the usual Hot Fudge Sundae Cheesecake. We could have shared a piece and been good, but we couldn't decide which one to have, so we got both. After a nice romantic evening....well lets just say..."what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" and I won't include the gory details! ;) Sunday we picked up Krispy Kreme Donuts for the kids and then had a great lunch at Macayo's! We can't go to Vegas without eating there! We love their chips and salsa so we got some to bring home. The kids appreciated that too. It was such a nice way to spend a weekend. I love you Randy, Thank you for being so thoughtful and including so many of the things that I love....Seafood, Cheesecake, Phantom, and most important, time away with YOU! (Sorry the pics are a little blurry! That is what you get sometimes with a camera phone!)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness you are a romantic the romantic type!!!! wow looks like you guys had a great time I hope I am like you guys in years to come you look like you are still so much in love that is great.
For mother's day my mom and sister and sister's in laws went to Phantom. Gayleen got us front row seats, it was awesome!!! We all loved it too. Laura Humphries
Post a Comment