We meant to post some proud parent news, but keep forgetting. Morgan came home one day and told us that she was selected to be co-President in seminary. We were terrible parents and said "WHAT???", but then she told us that she has been reading the scriptures more on her own and actually paying attention in class (her words). Just when you think your a terrible parent you find out they are pretty smart on their own. She bore her testimony in testimony meeting and all I did was sit there and cry. It was the first time I had heard her testimony formally in that way (her mother had got to hear it at camp) and I couldn't help but get emotional. My kids know how to get to me emotionally. I cry just about everytime I see Morgan dance her lyrical dances.
Randalyn got a post card in the mail from her teacher telling her congratulations for being the ONLY one in her class to get 100% on every Math test so far. They have their mom to thank for how well they do in school. She remembers all this stuff. They know I'm no help when it comes to homework. I have the college degree, but you wouldn't know it, haha. Trystan said the other day that he got moms brains and Morgan got mine. She's forgetful just like I am!!! Poor kid. I can come back and say, when you have to work as hard as I have to in order to learn something it's more appreciated... hehe. Yeah... we'll go with that.
Well, this weekend is our 17th Anniversary and we are leaving!! Going to head down to Vegas for a well deserved get away. My brother told me he could get us into the show "Thunder Down Under"... for those of you that don't know... that is pretty much the Australian version of the Chippendales. I passed on that offer. I haven't told Amy yet what we are doing. Maybe I better be figuring that out rather than doing this... JUST KIDDING...
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Randy,
Here I am blog stalking and ran across all the old friends from Security days!! Great to see your posts and I am proud that you do this! Dan wants nothing to do with it! Although I beg him to help me cause I am horrible with computer anything!!
Megan and Dan Guymon
You do have some great kids alright! Our Triston really enjoys hangin out w/ yours. Also A BIG thank yu for the macayo's chips and salsa...we are so glad to have the "hang over" today
Post a Comment